The School of Computer Science has a centralized online application process for graduate admissions. Applications for the MCDS program will open on September 7, 2021. All supporting documentation for fall admission must be received by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, December 13, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: Monday, December 13, 2021 @ 11:59PM
- $125 for one program, $75 for each additional program.
The School of Computer Science requires the following for all applications:
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- GRE scores: These must be less than five years old. Our Institution Code is 2074; Department Code is 0402. (This requirement is waived for CMU undergrads.)
- English Test Scores: Required if English is not your native language. No exceptions. These scores may be more than two years old if you have pursued or are pursuing a bachelor's or graduate degree in the United States. (While the TOEFL is preferred, the IELTS or DuoLingo test scores may also be submitted.) Successful applicants will have a minimum TOEFL score of 100 (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing scores all 25 or above), IELTS score of 7.5 (Reading 7 or above, Listening 7 or above, Speaking 7.5 or above, Writing 6.5 or above), or DuoLingo score of 120 (Literacy 115 or above, Comprehension 125 or above, Production 100 or above, Conversation 105 or above). Our Institution Code is 4256; the Department Code is 78.
- Unofficial transcripts from each university you have attended, regardless of whether you received your degree there.
- Current resume.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
Applications which do not meet all of these requirements by the application deadline (see above) will not be reviewed. For more details on these requirements, please see the SCS Master's Admissions page.